What is Health Share of Oregon?
Health Share of Oregon is a new way of providing health care. The counties of Washington, Multnomah and Clackamas have joined together to focus on your health. The Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) will combine your physical, mental and eventually dental care to be managed by one plan. This will take the place of having separate physical health (example: THA, CareOregon), mental health (by county) and dental health (example: ODS, Capitol) plans. The CCO will let us improve your health while keeping costs down. It is a good situation for everyone.
Your providers will not change. You will see the same primary care provider (PCP) as you always have, and still have the freedom to change if you need. Now, your PCP will be a part of a team of doctors and specialists focused on your health. Health Share will focus on preventative care; finding and treating problems before they become chronic issues.
Tuality Health Alliance is excited to be part of Health Share of Oregon. There are many other organizations in the area that are now a part of Health Share as well. The customer service teams at Health Share and THA are ready to answer your questions. Health Share has regular meetings that they encourage members to attend called the Community Advisory Council. These meetings are open to the public and give you a chance to voice your opinion. See the link below for more information on the Community Advisory Council.
What is changing?
- You will receive a new member ID card from Health Share. It will have your physical and mental health providers on it and their contact information.
- You will be considered a Health Share/Tuality Health Alliance and Health Share/ Washington MH member. This does not mean you are managed by a new plan or benefits, just the name is changing.
- Most people on fee-for-service will move onto a plan like THA. For a list of those who are not required to move onto a plan, see the Health Share website.
What is not changing?
- Benefits (plus and standard), providers (primary care and specialists), and case managers who have been working with you through THA will all stay the same.
- Basically everything is staying the same, but you are now part of a bigger health system to help improve access to health care!
What other health organizations are part of Health Share?
- Adventist Health
- Central City Concern
- Kaiser Permanente
- Legacy Health
- Multnomah County
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Providence Health System
- Tuality Healthcare
- Washington County
Below is a helpful link: